Monday 25 April 2016

Being accepted into the academy

First Step

Anxiety of the letters

-The letters came during one of the most energy draining classes, yes monotonous. But not because we work a lot but the class Public Relations Practice just drains the life out of a person when you have to work with those people who are very hard to work with, you know excuses excuses type of people. Don't get me wrong the whole group isn't like that but the saying "Don't mix business with pleasure" is true.  Friends working together just does not do. 

-Anyway names where called out and letters in white envelopes were handed to the receivers. A bit old fashioned, right? I don't think so. I love letters,  I love the traditional print instead of emails, i love pen and paper over typing on the screen, but that's just me. 
CEO of VWV

-So my name was called out and the group told me that I'm in, but I said "or it could be a rejection letter", but that wasn't going to happen. I knew in my heart that they liked my letter, that I was chosen and that those people are going to want to help me, I had prayed hard for it. Open it they said but I needed to be alone when I do that, needed to feel the print on paper, needed to smell the good news. Needed to kneel down and thank my Ancestors, Grandmother and my God.


Giving thanks

-Later that evening I sat on my single sized bed, took the letter out and it read Bonolo Pule on the outside, how special is that . I went on and opened it and "Congratulations" was the only word I needed.  I kneeled on the side of my bed and thanked The forces that drove me,  the forces that motivated me,  my role model Christina Mokhethi, my late grandma.

The letter
-A phenomenal woman she was.  She was a domestic worker but she dressed in pencil skirts, blouses and heeled pumps. That women was my mother, and my everything, the strength of the family and what kept us together and alive. With the hard life we lived, you'd still find warmth, comfort and happiness in her presence. I lose her all over again with every day that I think of her, I'm sure my tears can fill a river. 

-And so I put the letter under my pillow, I knew good things were yet to come and with that, I cried myself to sleep... Thank You

-All that I am and all that I hope to be I owe it to that woman
Inspired women

8 comments:

  1. your story it is very authentic and full of positive out of negative...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Advice i try. Positivity can do a lot to a person's state of mind :) Please stay tuned for more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it to the academy, and I wish you all the best in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is beautifully said, congratulations and I wish you the best in your journey of Phakama Women's academy. Your story is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you find it inspiring, thanks a lot and please stay tuned for more

      Delete
  5. wow, am at a loss for words. I should say hard work really pays. What a great start towards your career.


    And why are you working with friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kb, it really does.


      lol well its comfortability

      Delete